Thursday, March 15, 2012

So it's Happened...Again

8-bit Perler Bead Magnets I made for the Toronto Comicon

So after two conventions (The Erotic Arts and Crafts Fair in Feb. and the Toronto Comicon on the 10th) things have slowed down drastically and I feel myself in that "oh shit, what do I do now" phase. Prepping my work for conventions kept my day busy during the day and then night time was for the part-timer job at Wally's world.

Why do I work there and not in my feild you ask? Well, it's a steady income so I don't have to keep waiting for money that may or may not come from freelance jobs which sucks when you have quite a few bills to pay. Remember that oh so excited post about me getting that job in Toronto, well, needless to say, I haven't been really doing anything since December. So yet again...I get my hopes up over nothing. Today I will be applying for more jobs, and hopin' for the best. Then again, the usual interviews turn into dissapointments or no call backs because like everyone in my feild, its a dog-eat-dog world and I'm up against professionals who have more then established portfolios and experience with pre-press, Quark Express and the like.

When I DO get freelance work, it seems to take forever to get the money, and it goes straight into debt anyways, so it's like I never see it at all... (GOCRYEMOKID)

Anyways, thus is my trials and tribulations once again as an artist, still searching for that dream job, still drawing (thankfully) and still keepin' it hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment